Kathy Jacobs Photography has moved! Please visit my new website at www.kathyjacobsphotography.com.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My first newborn

I’m not talking about MY first newborn, but my first newborn shoot.  This beautiful baby belongs to my friend, Kellyn.  He was nine days old (I think) and the perfect subject!  The shoot took place in Kellyn’s living room, where she had big windows that made for perfect natural lighting.

I’ll admit to being a little overwhelmed.  Since it was my very first newborn shoot, I didn’t really have any idea what I was doing!  I had read a bunch of blogs to kind of get an idea, but it is completely different when you are right there doing it yourself.  I shoot with a Canon Rebel xSI.  I only have the kit lens, so I borrowed my sister-in-law’s 50mm 1.8 lens for this shoot.  I am still learning how work with the f-stops and shutter speed to get what I want in focus and still have the right light.  I was pretty disappointed when I uploaded these pictures and found a ton that would’ve been great if only they were in better focus.  Live and learn, right?

So without further ado, here are my favorites.  Feel free to leave me constructive criticism, but please remember that I am new to both the picture taking and the editing!

05 02_4174 lighten wm05 02_4223 tonka wm05 02_4231 tonka 2 wm05 02_4198

No comments:

Post a Comment